I am going to The B-52’s concert in October, and if it’s not too hot, I can wear to the concert. Trism is one of my favorite songs.
Dimensions: approximately 74-inch length x 4-inch width
The scarf began from a bag o’ scarps I acquired somewhere. The bag also included black and white, but I did not have any fun fur in that color. Would’ve been nice to begin with one and end with the other. Oh well. The yellow was a final addition, forcing me to search my stash for both acrylic and fun fur in yellow, as well as the green fun fur and additional light light blue acrylic yarn.
All other yarns (Pink fur, Pink standard, Light Neon Blue standard, Green standard, Dark Yellow fur, Off-White fur, Yellow fur, Yellow standard,) are unknown, but I presume the standard yarns to be acrylics and the furs to be polyester like the Schachenmayr.
Considering this shawl is coming from the same cone as Dark Lady, I decided to remain with the Lady theme. Too bad, I didn’t think about this when I crocheted You’ve Got Your Troubles, which is also from the same cone of Bonnie Triola Cottontale 8.
To tell you the truth I am actually loving each shawl despite the old-fashioned color: dark mauve. I think the J. & P. Coats Luster Sheen on Dark Lady really changed my mind.
For Lady Killer, I am began with the micro-ball of leftover J. & P. Coats Luster Sheen, now completely gone. The second yarn will remain unidentified at this time due to my laziness to got get the ball, but in the pictures it looks better than it does on the shawl, though from my perspective right now – almost level, that yellow is really standing out.
I will be using a darker purple gradient next and if I have enough cotton, I will be ending with a solid deep purple.
You might notice that this is very similar to Dark Lady in construction. I am going to work between the post to shoulders and then begin the crescent formation. My next shawl will be only crescent formation.
Another surprise in crescent shawl shape development. I had started with my basic crochet circle pattern, this time in double crochet versus single crochet, but the horizon was not meeting my standards. By chance I discovered by starting my shape with twice as many stitches, I was achieving a better horizon. Finally, I inserted enough stitches for seven sections versus six and I was on my way.
The hard part was inserting the eyelets because I was dealing with an odd number of sections which forced one-sided increases per section. I worked in pattern as long as I could, changing it up at the end with increased half double crochet rows.
The addition of the red Classic Elite Imagine and the sapphire Lion Brand Fun Fur, was an after-thought and impulsive move because they just happened into my line of sight. The Classic Elite was actually a size bigger, but I thought the eyelet row would cover up the change in yarn weight. Knowing I was going to end with the fun fur, I felt doubly assured. In the end, there is slight puckering, but I think with wear it will wear out.
Actually, I started this yesterday, but my rage was so intense I could not focus. I spent the day in bed, in the dark. For dinner I ordered in: $30 effin’ dollars for 2-topping medium pizza, chicken, cookie-brownie and a 20-ounce Coca-Cola from Dominos! Home-delivery robbery!
Here’s the humorous side of this project:
When I got the yarn, again from CSNanaCat, I thought it was pretty with it’s red/blue-thread-stripe. I have not yet performed a burn test, but I am pretty sure it is a natural fiber. As I began to work on it yesterday, I was able to discern other colors as well: orange, yellow and green, but in smaller distances.
My first thought at the rainbow flag hint was to name the shawl after a gay anthem, but today when I found my project on top of the pizza boxes from yesterday, the shawl reverted back to the blue/red striping because the shawl almost disappeared…not for reals.
I wish I could fall into a deep sleep and never wake again.
On the serious side, I would not figure out what to make with this Newton’s Yarn Country Chenille. The yarn label had not hook/needle size recommendations. I started on a six metal needle, but lost my patience with the yarn slippage. Next I tried a two carbon needle: too small. Finally, at a complete loss as to what I should make, I decided to crochet another single crochet afghan.
I think my mood is challenging my creative process; it certainly has zapped all enjoyment from my crochet/knitting.
I had a hard time reconciling a song title to this project when I began back on May 26, 2018. I had settled on Samba de Orfeu because the color of the primary yarn reminded me of a verdant island celebration, like Carnaval!
Beginning May 29, I started a crying jag that has only complicated my allergies, leaving me completely congested and on the verge of tears with the smallest associations I make throughout each day. As such, I searched for a song titled Crocodile Tears and found on by Eydie Gorme that perked me up.
About Crocodile Tears Afghan
To be honest I had no idea what to make anymore that I am no longer attempting sales. Luckily, I had been to the guild the week previous and got some ideas about what is needed for charity. While it is not afghan size, I believe there are some children in need also. And finally, I could work from the center, outward until the yarn had been exhausted, and I was left with only about a six-inch leftover!