Purple Haze was a lazy man’s choice for the first name, as there is a lot of purple in here – I am sure a whole skein/ball at least; and, I don’t remember when I made the scarf. After having to rename due to duplicate naming, I think I happened across the correct name for how I am currently feeling.
Dimensions: 3-3.5 (width) x 82 (length) inches
Crocheted with a K hook in back loop single crochet, double-stranding at times to maintain yarn weight.
I added the color on the opposite side of the grey to provide some balance. I never did a tension check, considering how loose I was crocheted the worsted on an H hook. Oh well. Unfortunately, I noticed the cuffs on Con Los Años Que Me Quedan are not even either.
Ugh! I just want to get back to some knitting, hoping the different hand motion will provide some relief for my right hand; and I want to work on some of my own stuff now.
I have no idea, but would guess at DK* on a J hook, acrylic*.
My first impression from the images was that the baby is looking to the left. My first name desire was that song where she sings “to the left,” or something like that, but I could not recall the performer or the song name. However my English search by the word “left” did return a Spanish name meaning, a title I can identify with as well: With the Years That I Have Left.
The Infant Set
Well, we got an infant cardigan and bonnet that were pushed off on me, for finishing, again. Just sew in the ends, I was told. At least this time it was true, unlike the infant afghan, which is next. Please know that my complaints are tongue-in-cheek. I love to help; just don’t judge how I help!
I did have to do minimal seaming, some of which I did wrong, requiring a second attempt. Very odd seams I might add; maybe some form of darts?
Based on my years of experience as a hooker, I am pretty sure my assignments of worsted and acrylic are 99.9% true. The color: Cotton Candy Sugar Rush* or pastel multicolor made up of pink white and baby blue.
* Color name assignation per Hooker Leo, absent yarn label
I woke this morning, free from doctor’s appointments, prepared to enjoy the world by finishing the infant afghan request. I warmed my coffee, sat down, did some rows, and decided I wanted to catch up digitally.
While I am not “the runt,” I certainly feel like it after seeing the original pictures for this post! Yikes! I just presumed they were fine, a hint to my rushing of life. Why?
Anyway, the night before guild, I found the blue square and knew that I had left over yarn from squares that required unravelling/saving from the prior set: voila! a runt pet pad.
I love the color combination: nostalgia, fifties, argyle against country gingham.
I was able to get by with a single crochet, double-stranded border without sever puckering…well, not that I remember. Ha ha ha ha!
Originally, these squares were going to be seamed into an afghan for charity, hence the name: a wish for the recipient.
The Pet Pads
You might be able to tell from the squares with excessive white borders that I was going to seam them together with white yarn. Because they were all different yarn weights, gauges, and sizes, I got too frustrated and chose to make pet pads instead. Still I had to do some frogging, adding, adjusting.
I got to say this is not the first time I have seamed together someone else’s work. It is not fun! I will never do this again.
I received the squares from the El Segundo Slipt Stitchers September meeting and agreed that I would seam them together into an afghan. Because they were already made, I have no idea what yarns were used; however, I can tell you that I noticed guard hairs and some of the yarns were extremely soft, indicating natural fibers. The majority , I am sure, were man-made fibers.
I used up my leftovers from side one below, first. I had to add the yarns above, beginning with a double strand of the Unknown Multicolor and Unknown Pink until Unknown Pink ran out; then I just continued with the Unknown Multicolor alone.