I am going to The B-52’s concert in October, and if it’s not too hot, I can wear to the concert. Trism is one of my favorite songs.
Dimensions: approximately 74-inch length x 4-inch width
The scarf began from a bag o’ scarps I acquired somewhere. The bag also included black and white, but I did not have any fun fur in that color. Would’ve been nice to begin with one and end with the other. Oh well. The yellow was a final addition, forcing me to search my stash for both acrylic and fun fur in yellow, as well as the green fun fur and additional light light blue acrylic yarn.
All other yarns (Pink fur, Pink standard, Light Neon Blue standard, Green standard, Dark Yellow fur, Off-White fur, Yellow fur, Yellow standard,) are unknown, but I presume the standard yarns to be acrylics and the furs to be polyester like the Schachenmayr.
Feeling more secure with my intuitiveness, I did not use stitch markers this time, relying on my counting skills alone. I still am not “square.” Again, can I blame the different weights?
The spinal improvements where single slip stitches with the new color only. I think the only way to really alleviate that is to leave the last stitch live for old color. Will investigate with next square.
Paris Original by Bonnie Scott/Claudette Sutherland/Mara Landi from How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying
I started this yesterday during world wide knit in public day because I was talking so much, I kept screwing up my stitch count on Deep Sleep.
As this yarn was gifted/destashed to me, I will be donating this scarf to charity.
Unknown due to no label, but I am pretty sure it is Red Heart Sashay, mostly comprised of acrylic fibers. GODDAMN Red Heart for not finding a better way to present their product! The simplest would be to wind on a piece of cardboard, presenting the lace already flat.
I wish I could fall into a deep sleep and never wake again.
On the serious side, I would not figure out what to make with this Newton’s Yarn Country Chenille. The yarn label had not hook/needle size recommendations. I started on a six metal needle, but lost my patience with the yarn slippage. Next I tried a two carbon needle: too small. Finally, at a complete loss as to what I should make, I decided to crochet another single crochet afghan.
I think my mood is challenging my creative process; it certainly has zapped all enjoyment from my crochet/knitting.
I had a hard time reconciling a song title to this project when I began back on May 26, 2018. I had settled on Samba de Orfeu because the color of the primary yarn reminded me of a verdant island celebration, like Carnaval!
Beginning May 29, I started a crying jag that has only complicated my allergies, leaving me completely congested and on the verge of tears with the smallest associations I make throughout each day. As such, I searched for a song titled Crocodile Tears and found on by Eydie Gorme that perked me up.
About Crocodile Tears Afghan
To be honest I had no idea what to make anymore that I am no longer attempting sales. Luckily, I had been to the guild the week previous and got some ideas about what is needed for charity. While it is not afghan size, I believe there are some children in need also. And finally, I could work from the center, outward until the yarn had been exhausted, and I was left with only about a six-inch leftover!
Doh! This connection should be obvious: Purple, grape. If you require further elucidation, notice the rows on this cowl; just like grapevines are grown here in sunny central California.
Dimensions: 12-inch width x 24-inch diameter Price: USD $60.00
2018-08-13: Removed from stock; donated to charity
Made with three skeins that I acquire from CSNanaCat during her recent de-stashing.
A previous employer had made a cowl similar to this, but knitted in seed stitch. I fell in love with it and have always wanted one but never knew the pattern or the exact measurements. I am really liking this cowl and may just end up keeping it.
I have finished as much as I can – four rows – using the newly purchased Euro-Baby Maypole. Afghan is only to 41 x 41 inches squared, short nine inches of the desired width. I certainly goofed on my estimate to extended the afghan to 50 x 70 inches! At least the colors match well.
Client notified of insufficient yarn amount to continue in pattern, which is necessary due to bulkiness of yarn.
Pending notification from client on how she will proceed.