I added the color on the opposite side of the grey to provide some balance. I never did a tension check, considering how loose I was crocheted the worsted on an H hook. Oh well. Unfortunately, I noticed the cuffs on Con Los Años Que Me Quedan are not even either.
Ugh! I just want to get back to some knitting, hoping the different hand motion will provide some relief for my right hand; and I want to work on some of my own stuff now.
I have no idea, but would guess at DK* on a J hook, acrylic*.
My first impression from the images was that the baby is looking to the left. My first name desire was that song where she sings “to the left,” or something like that, but I could not recall the performer or the song name. However my English search by the word “left” did return a Spanish name meaning, a title I can identify with as well: With the Years That I Have Left.
The Infant Set
Well, we got an infant cardigan and bonnet that were pushed off on me, for finishing, again. Just sew in the ends, I was told. At least this time it was true, unlike the infant afghan, which is next. Please know that my complaints are tongue-in-cheek. I love to help; just don’t judge how I help!
I did have to do minimal seaming, some of which I did wrong, requiring a second attempt. Very odd seams I might add; maybe some form of darts?
Based on my years of experience as a hooker, I am pretty sure my assignments of worsted and acrylic are 99.9% true. The color: Cotton Candy Sugar Rush* or pastel multicolor made up of pink white and baby blue.
* Color name assignation per Hooker Leo, absent yarn label
I used up my leftovers from side one below, first. I had to add the yarns above, beginning with a double strand of the Unknown Multicolor and Unknown Pink until Unknown Pink ran out; then I just continued with the Unknown Multicolor alone.
All yarns burn tested. Unknown Pink 2 was the only yarn that was a man-made fiber; all others were natural fibers. Too bad I didn’t test before incorporating into scarf. Unfortunately, because I was in a dispassionate phase, I incorporated it despite being thinner than the other five yarns.
My apathy seems to be worsening as I continue to try and rid myself of this red yarn. I think adding to this is the fact that while I am crocheting/knitting for charity, I feel like I am crocheting/knitting without purpose. I think after I rid myself of this red yarn, I will work on something for me.
First of all, I think I cast on and bound off wrong. I used both strands when I should have only used one color.
I am trying to rid myself of all my scraps and odd balls, so I got all my DK and sport weight yarns and started crocheting. Nothing was working. Restarted about three times and got frustrated working with the beginning yarns. Then I had the idea of double-stranding.
Pretty challenging crochet, as the Unknown Red 1 yarn was bumpy and so was the pink. However, the red ran the entire length.
If memory serves, the Unknown Red 2 yarn is rayon from Netwon’s Yarn Country; I had used it previously on Holly Golightly (2011-2012), a shawl I gifted to Kathleen. Jeez! six years that scrap has been in my stash; well, it’s gone now!
I was going to construct in single crochet only, but I notice my single crochet was creating a bias on the fabric. So I added double crochets and did not notice any change. Lightbulb! Do a second row of single crochet to counter act the first. As you can see the natural tendency is to twist. I think it’s related to the width.
The double crochets created lightness to a scarf whose heft is substantial.
I am going to The B-52’s concert in October, and if it’s not too hot, I can wear to the concert. Trism is one of my favorite songs.
Dimensions: approximately 74-inch length x 4-inch width
The scarf began from a bag o’ scarps I acquired somewhere. The bag also included black and white, but I did not have any fun fur in that color. Would’ve been nice to begin with one and end with the other. Oh well. The yellow was a final addition, forcing me to search my stash for both acrylic and fun fur in yellow, as well as the green fun fur and additional light light blue acrylic yarn.
All other yarns (Pink fur, Pink standard, Light Neon Blue standard, Green standard, Dark Yellow fur, Off-White fur, Yellow fur, Yellow standard,) are unknown, but I presume the standard yarns to be acrylics and the furs to be polyester like the Schachenmayr.
When I had originally begun this scarf, it was going to be a mish-mosh of yarn scraps, but as time progressed, it decided to make it uniform. The glitter is what led me to thinking about a stairway (chevrons) to heaven.
Dimensions: 43-inch (L) x 4-inch (W)
As you can see from the previous blog posts, this scarf has undergone several changes to make it to completion, and working on US size two needles, I am so happy to finally be done with this scarf.
The original pattern – Keeping Rosita Warm by Nadia Severns – called for stockinette; I changed to garter so my scarf would lay flat. I was please that the stitch pattern converted as well.
Care: Hand wash in cold water with mild liquid soap. Do not rub or twist. Rinse several times in cold clear water. Do not wring. Dry flat away from heat. Color: 101 (Black+) and 134 (Dark Fairy+) Content: 40% Metallized Polyester, 60% Cupro Rayon Weight: 0, Lace
Pretty glitter yarns. The black was a different ply and kept separating easier, which is not good. The dark fairy colorway knit better.