The yarn is labeled bulky, so I am suing a US J / 6.5 mm hook. At first I thought it was too big because the interlocking seemed loose. I adjusted my tension and my crochet has improved.
In case you forgot the colors I am going to use in this afghan, here they are again…
I was going to write up a pattern, but it is really slowing me down and I have decided there is not much use for it without instruction on how to Interlock Crochet. Oh well, at least I am able to teach the technique now…in-the-round!
I figured out how to interlock crochet in-the-round!
I wrote down what I’ve done so far, which is good because I am liking the design and it will be measure of how well my documentation skills are for this new method in case I want to write a pattern up.
Today, I might play around with digital designing to see what I can come up with and then see if I might go a different direction for the actual piece…a mystery! 😀
The name of this project is spiritually related and inspired…I was listening to music from my library, while composing this post and my interlock crochet progress and the three songs that impressed themselves into my memory are Mystery Achievement by The Pretenders, Snowball by DEVO and Trust by Me’Shell Ndegéocello.
I did “achieve” something really big – a “mystery” to me: interlock crochet in-the-round!
And I didn’t lose a love – sardonically speaking, I never had one to begin with 😉
As I had decided on Mystery Achievement, Trust had started, confirming my choice, and which was another good name.
I knew there was something I was going to add: The yarn I have been using for this afghan development is Michaels Loops & Threads Impeccable (Fiber Content: 100% Acrylic; Yarn Colors: 01044 True Grey & 01011 Soft Taupe; Yarn Weight: 4, Worsted)
Smiling Faces Sometimes by The Undisputed Truth refers to the fact that I was smiling sometimes – when I figured out why the pattern kept bowing.
About The Project
This project marks the end of my Bernat Baby Coordinates from my stash…finally! The only amount left will be used in a scrap project. I was not sure how big this project would be; I’m glad that it is big enough to be used as something practical. I was prematurely thinking mama could use this as a pad for Mini Mikey due to the thickness created by alternating back and front post double crochets.
About The Pattern
I may write it up, but I am sure there are plenty out there already. I will check and if not, I will write up the pattern now that I know the secret to making this pattern coming out flat.
Upside Down Blanket for Michael Kenneth Aguilar January 2018
I kept putting off infant crochet for my future great nephew, and the other day I realized I better start crocheting faster because he is due in January 2018.
I had been wanting to save the Wobbly Squares Blanket pattern for Bunnyland (a project in conception), but thought this would be a good place to try the pattern. OMG! The pattern is so simple and once you understand the repeats, it is not problem. Warning! Keep track, I lost count and almost ended up with a completely lopsided blanket due to wrong stitch counts: 48 on side one, 48 on side 2, 52 on side 3, 52 on side 4. I managed to catch this before the last eight rows and was able to conceal the mistake with only 1 adjustment row.
I had to dig up all my baby yarns and found a box of Bernat Baby Coordinates (Fiber Content: 75.2 % Acrylic, 22.2% Rayon, 2.6% Nylon; Yarn Colors: Lemon Custard, White, Blue/Green mix, and Green/Yellow/White mix; Yarn Weight: 3, DK), so I mixed them up and started. Unfortunately, I forgot to include the mint green and baby blue I had, but looking at the blanket now, I think it would have been too much. My afghan measures approximately 32 inches square. I chose not to put a border. Next is a blue and white striped sweater.
Ironically, the project name – Upside Down by Jack Johnson – is appropriate to the pattern, which appears to be v-stitches, but in reality are double-crochet clusters – the Upside Down of v-stitches.
It’s been said the third time is a charm; let’s see if this is true. I have now removed the afghan image from the pattern due to Ravelry’s response:
Unacceptable image. Whether the pattern is charted or not, it is still an unacceptable pattern since it uses a trademarked image.
I have also included instructions on the Ravelry Store pattern where one can view the finished product, which would be here. Again, the pattern on my Patterns Page remains intact with an image of the finished product and a PDF chart.