The second of two improvisations on a crochet crescent shawl. I was too focused on a second row of single crochet that I completely forgot the selvedge edge I had used on No Strings (I’m Fancy Free) – evidenced by the uneven horizon…grr!
Still, I love the stripe pattern; it appears smoother than version one.
By the by…No Strings (I’m Fancy Free) met it’s fate after the last yard sale. I discovered when returning to storage, that the yarn had been broken. Not worth fixing. Services were extremely humble; no mourners in attendance.
And then mother resurrected No Strings (I’m Fancy Free)…the saga continues to be written, but the destiny will forever remain unknown.
In the mornings when I awake and begin to crochet or knit with my morning cup of coffee while listening to the news, my legs remain warm under the blanket, Mojo providing additional warmth as he lies nestled between my legs. Meanwhile, my shoulders and neck are freezing…but, not anymore!
Using the general crochet formual for a circle, calculated the number of edge stitches on the cowl, this time taking into consideration, the adjustment that had been made at the end of round one to accommodate evenly distributed petal/scale placement.
Next I divided the number by eight for even increase distribution and started increasing to my shoulder width. At that point, I stopped increasing, hoping for a more immediate shaping, which did not develop, and ended with me frogging back to the last increase row.
Well, at least I am going to cherish this creation.
The yarn for this project was gifted to me by a friend from first grade, whom’s mother pass last year. I thought I would make something for my friend, but her favorite color is purple, not pink. 😀
Please inform Mrs. Yamamoto (Kat’s mom) – if she doesn’t know already – that her yarn stash has been discovered and is being converted into something practical for Hooker Leo, who is ever grateful to have extra yarn with with to research and develop, and keep warm.
I had seen a stitch previously on YouTube that I intrigued me. It is called Serpentine Stitch. However, I did not visualize an item – except an afghan – that would satisfactorily incorporate the stitch pattern. This led to a little research and development…and I came up with this petal-like, scale-like, biased texture by alternating a one-stitch shift/yarn-color change every other row.
After seeing the difference in size between wear-by-my-mother and wear-by-myself, I would have to size down the item for pattern writing. So Cherish cowl will certainly be cherished by me, a WIP (work, in progress), as I develop a poncho type item that will keep me warm in my orange garage-apartment.
I figured out how to interlock crochet in-the-round!
I wrote down what I’ve done so far, which is good because I am liking the design and it will be measure of how well my documentation skills are for this new method in case I want to write a pattern up.
Today, I might play around with digital designing to see what I can come up with and then see if I might go a different direction for the actual piece…a mystery! 😀
The name of this project is spiritually related and inspired…I was listening to music from my library, while composing this post and my interlock crochet progress and the three songs that impressed themselves into my memory are Mystery Achievement by The Pretenders, Snowball by DEVO and Trust by Me’Shell Ndegéocello.
I did “achieve” something really big – a “mystery” to me: interlock crochet in-the-round!
And I didn’t lose a love – sardonically speaking, I never had one to begin with 😉
As I had decided on Mystery Achievement, Trust had started, confirming my choice, and which was another good name.
I knew there was something I was going to add: The yarn I have been using for this afghan development is Michaels Loops & Threads Impeccable (Fiber Content: 100% Acrylic; Yarn Colors: 01044 True Grey & 01011 Soft Taupe; Yarn Weight: 4, Worsted)
…finally get this pattern tested in The Testing Pool Ravelry Group
Now that I am on SSI( Supplemental Security Income), I need to start generating additional unreported income.
I decided to finally get this pattern tested in The Testing Pool Ravelry Group, before publishing. As of the writing of this post, I have not received any takers. Because this is bruges lace it was hard to write the pattern. I had written one previously – Accidents Never Happen Shawlette – discovered errors when I made Chantilly Lace, hence the rewrite.