Color: Pearl Green* Content: Man-made fiber, per burn test
Color: Blue Baker’s Twine* Content: Man-made, per burn test
The weights of both yarns are estimated. Finally dug the rest of this stuff out from my stash. I had used it previously on Summertime Blues.
I saw an cable accent on The Crochet Crowd Cable Bag that I wanted to incorporate, but could not figure it out. My accent is deeper and perhaps, even more involved. Still after working on different variations over 24 hours, I am happy and on my way to completing it.
Looks like I only got half an afghan from my leftovers. I would add different yarns just to get a full size – per my standards, but that never goes well. I figure end it now. It could be used as a lapghan for some old man/woman.
I notice again – on a rectangular piece that my tension tightens as I near the end. I attribute this to being over cautious against to tight a foundation chain, and then continuing with loose tension until I am on automatic.
On da Hook: 2018-09-19 Off da Hook: 2018-09-22
* Color assignations per Hooker Leo, absent yarn label
The biggest surprise to me about this yarn was the softness and the ease working the turning chain, properly: through the top. The additional colors are supposed to present as – what looks to me – grape bunches; would’ve been nice, but not expected with improvised pattern, and unconcerned.
This scarf represents one skein; I only wish I had another, as I am used to longer scarves. Had I known, I would’ve doubled the width to make a cowl instead.
As suspected, my ribs started curling on the sides, making me miss stitches. I solved this with a crochet back-loop edge.
Damn! My aim was to use all natural fibers. I completely brain-farted on the Patons, but those mohair guard-hairs misled me.
The Cascade Heritage Silk Paints was double-twined with the Patons Lace and made for great coloration.
The Unknown Red is the yarn I have been trying so hard to rid myself of because of it’s crinkle / boucle texture.
I started in back loop single crochet, but thought the scarf might be too dense. I have this irrational fear that crochet is heavier than knitting; so much so that I feel the item I am crocheting may be cumbersome at times. So, I added sections of filet crochet to lighten it up.
I am amazed at some of the colorations in this scarf: the grey against the bright red and the blues/purples against the lighter reds of carmine and salmon.
I based my pattern repeat on nineteen rows; unfortunately, I ran out of red yarns and just ended it.
* All color designations assigned by Hooker Leo, absent yarn label
I am trying to rid myself of all my scraps and odd balls, so I got all my DK and sport weight yarns and started crocheting. Nothing was working. Restarted about three times and got frustrated working with the beginning yarns. Then I had the idea of double-stranding.
Pretty challenging crochet, as the Unknown Red 1 yarn was bumpy and so was the pink. However, the red ran the entire length.
If memory serves, the Unknown Red 2 yarn is rayon from Netwon’s Yarn Country; I had used it previously on Holly Golightly (2011-2012), a shawl I gifted to Kathleen. Jeez! six years that scrap has been in my stash; well, it’s gone now!
I was going to construct in single crochet only, but I notice my single crochet was creating a bias on the fabric. So I added double crochets and did not notice any change. Lightbulb! Do a second row of single crochet to counter act the first. As you can see the natural tendency is to twist. I think it’s related to the width.
The double crochets created lightness to a scarf whose heft is substantial.
I am going to The B-52’s concert in October, and if it’s not too hot, I can wear to the concert. Trism is one of my favorite songs.
Dimensions: approximately 74-inch length x 4-inch width
The scarf began from a bag o’ scarps I acquired somewhere. The bag also included black and white, but I did not have any fun fur in that color. Would’ve been nice to begin with one and end with the other. Oh well. The yellow was a final addition, forcing me to search my stash for both acrylic and fun fur in yellow, as well as the green fun fur and additional light light blue acrylic yarn.
All other yarns (Pink fur, Pink standard, Light Neon Blue standard, Green standard, Dark Yellow fur, Off-White fur, Yellow fur, Yellow standard,) are unknown, but I presume the standard yarns to be acrylics and the furs to be polyester like the Schachenmayr.
My first choice was Deep Sleep, but that name had already been used this year. This was the second-most appropriate name in my music library, as when Mojo is inside and covered up, he is Behind The Wall Of Sleep.
The Sleeping Bag
Dimensions: approximately 28-inch Width x 25-inch Height
First of all I can’t believe how long it took…three days! Now that I see how long, It seems short. Oh well, so does the sleeping bag…thinking of crocheting a couple more inches.
I did notice during photography that my seem did not remain straight as I had suspected. Perhaps the use of a stitch marker at the beginning of each round might have helped. I seem to be experiencing early-stage dementia when it comes to crocheting in-the-round and ending a round.
Unknown Fibers, mostly man-made
I really liked working with four yarns plied together and playing with blending. Had I been more prepared, the project would have been more thought out in color. I started with that thickest yarn I had and tried matching ply manually throughout. There are about two rows where I got too thin, otherwise, I think I did a good job maintaining ply.
The best part: I got rid of a bunch of acrylic scraps I had collected.