I started this project back on March 28, 2017 and just finished today, May 6, 2017. I knew I wanted to make a rectangular shawl and decided to keep it simple using single crochets in combination with treble crochets in a pattern. I also knew I would want to add fringe at either end.
The yarn is was from a cone whose origins are forgotten. Per a burn test the yarn turned out to be a natural fiber. At the time, and based on the texture of the yarn, I was leaning towards cotton/linen in maybe a thread or fingering weight. Now that I have washed it – which I do not recommend for future care – I noticed that my fringe began to felt together despite placing the item in a laundry bag. This plus the texture of the washed yarn, leads me to believe it might be wool now. The yarn bloomed into about a sport/dk weight and is so soft.
The project name – Holiday In Cambodia by The Dead Kennedys – is representative of the colors in the yarn. The measurements of the shawl are 59 (L) x 23 (W); 70 (L), including the fringe. I would like to sell this piece for USD $75.00.